I’ve been married to my Prince Charming for almost 11 years — (He made me write that). I didn’t think I would survive my first year of marriage, but I am so happy we fought for our happily ever after.
- I have three daughters and their names all start with the letter P. We didn’t do it on purpose. We named our first born, Peyton, and really liked the name, Parker, for our second born, so when we found out a third girl was on the way, we didn’t want her to feel slighted, therefore, we have Piper. I’m barely surviving motherhood with their eye rolls and sass (I have no idea where they learned this). My three peas in a pod certainly keep us on our toes, but we love it and wouldn’t change it for the world.
My sister lives in Napa, California. She is the head chef of an awesome restaurant, living the wine life out in Napa. I am the only member of my immediate family currently residing in the “beautiful” Garden state.
- My parents live in Europe. My mom is the director of a school and is the epitome of a bad ass girl boss. She is my role model and I hope to follow in her footsteps.
I double majored in English and Journalism at Rutgers University and graduated with high honors having made Dean’s list every semester. If you saw my antics in college, you would really wonder how I pulled this off.
- I teach high school English & Journalism. I love teaching and I love my students. I’m invested in our country’s future – and those students sitting in those desks are our future.
I was a bartender for over 10 years during the summer months at the Jersey Shore!
- I love to run and didn’t start running until I was 25-years old. I also said I would never run a half marathon and yet, I’m currently training for my 4th. I run mostly to keep the crazy away – but also – I really like food and wine – running helps me maintain a healthy balance in life.
I have two dogs — Reese and Ruby — we rescued both dogs and we clearly have a thing for alliteration — Kevin & Casey, Peyton, Parker & Piper, Reese & Ruby.
- I have an obsession with Hallmark movies. I actually upgrade my television package during the holiday season to get all the special Hallmark and Lifetime channels. I go into a week-long mourning after the holidays, until I can find a new series to binge watch.
I really want to be a morning person, but I am SO not — I hit snooze at least three times every single morning. I am that person that has to set at least three to four alarms to wake up. It’s a horrible habit, and one I am not proud of, but I love sleep. I would also take a nap every day if I could. I wish my daughters would appreciate sleep and naps as much as their mother…because I’m tired as a mother.
- My sister and I have matching dragonfly tattoos. Dragonflies are symbolic to our family. She designed them and I love this tattoo – unlike the not so thought out one I got when I was 19 and was rebelling against my parents (middle-child syndrome).
I’m Disney obsessed — I wish I could go to Disney once a month. I’m in Disney withdrawal —and I am counting the days. See previous Disney posts – I’m also a travel agent specializing in Disney vacations.
- I was a cheerleader my entire life, like from the time I was 5-years old until I was a senior in high school. I won National Championships and was an All-American, but had no desire to continue with cheerleading after high school. I also have no desire for my daughters to get involved in cheerleading. As much as I enjoyed it and accomplished much during my years as a rah rah, I want my daughters to try various sports and not commit to just one activity at such a young age. But if you asked me to whip out a heel stretch or spirit fingers, you better watch out!
I enjoy stand up paddle boarding— It gives me a sense of peace to do sunrise paddles and sunset paddles. Irony – I can’t swim. Luckily, I paddle with my friends who are like actual mermaids and will save me when I fall in and I am attacked by baby sharks.
- My favorite movies are Legally Blonde and Sweet Home Alabama— I adore Reese Witherspoon – I have been told I resemble her, and I take it as a huge compliment. The bend and snap is a staple in our house and I’ve been known to say the line, “You have a baby…in a bar” from time to time.
I secretly wish I was Joanna Gaines. I love home decor and decorating. I have an eye for remodeling — We just finished our own “Fixer Upper” and I am secretly sad that it’s done. My husband is my Chip and can build, fix, and design pretty much anything. (There’s before and after pictures of our house in the slide show below).
- I was in a sorority in college — Alpha Chi Omega— but I also played rugby for a semester. The semester I was being initiated into my sorority and also the rugby program was probably one of the most enjoyable few months of my college experience. I met so many different people and traveled to other colleges and campuses for Rugby games, while Greek life was where I met many of my life-long friends.
I love coffee — if I don’t start my day with at least two cups, you may want to avoid me until the caffeine has been consumed and I’ve had a chance to be a functioning human being. Another reason that I love coffee is that I have three princesses that climb into our bed each evening claiming monsters and aliens are living in their rooms. Coffee equals a happy mommy. No coffee equals scary mommy.
- My favorite quote is — “She believed she could, so she did” — I truly believe that if you have the mental strength, passion, and determination to get something done, you can and you will – (this blog is a result of me believing in myself).